Yes, I’m a big fat liar. I swore off challenges, and yet now I seem to have signed myself up for a second challenge this year. Sue me.
This one, hosted by Bibliobabe, has some of the most awesome prizes out there and its in honor of Read, Remember, Recommend by Rachelle Knight. Post below are the snazzy and utterly enticing details of the challenge. I’m going to aim for the “Library of Congress Calls Me Daddy” challenge level of 20 books. =)
Wish me luck! Leave a comment if you plan on signing up as well. Maybe we can combine forces to win the whole shebang!
You can sign-up here.
Read, Remember, Recommend Fiction Reading Challenge In celebration of the April 1st, 2010 release date of the Read, Remember, Recommend reading journal, Bibliobabe is hosting a new reading challenge. Dates: April 1st, 2010 to April 1st, 2011 Details:
- Check out all the amazing books (thousands!) mentioned in Read, Remember, Recommend and plan your attack. Books do not need to be decided upon in advance. All books must be mentioned in the journal lists.
- Write a challenge sign-up post on your blog. In that post provide a link to the Read, Remember, Recommend Fiction Reading Challenge post. Please feel free to use the Read, Remember, Recommend Fiction Reading Challenge button in your post. If you do not have a blog, introduce yourself in a comment below.
- Add your name and the direct link to the sign-up post in the Mister Linky list below.
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, share this with other challenge participants by adding a direct link to your book review to the list in a comment at this post. If you do not have a blog, leave your review as a comment.
- Read as many books from the Read, Remember, Recommend reading journal as you can in one year. Books read before April 1st, 2010 do not count. Overlaps with other challenges (including the Read, Remember, Recommend Teen Reading Challenge) are acceptable – and encouraged!
- Rereading doesn’t count – have fun exploring new authors, awards and books!
- Audio, print, and e-books are all acceptable.
- Post your review or link to your review in a comment below.
- You can change your commitment level at anytime.
- Notable Newbie – 5 books
- Armchair Librarian – 10 books
- The Library of Congress Calls Me Daddy – 20 books
- A Book Intervention is Needed – 30 books
- The Grand Prize is an Ereader of your choice (Kindle 2, Nook, Sony Ereader, COOL-ER – $260 value)! There will be one grand prize drawing between both Read, Remember, Recommend Reading Challenges. Each review post comment will count as an entry into the drawing.
- The first place prize is a “Reading is Sexy” messenger bag filled with 5 books from the Read, Remember Recommend reading journal.
- The second place prize for each challenge is a $20 gift card to the bookstore of your choice.