If you haven’t yet, please check out these awesome blogs for some great giveaways!
Jen over at Devourer of Books is having a giveaway for Queen of the Road.
You can try to win a copy of the much anticipated title The Gargoyle over at Readerville for entry details.
And you should also stop by Natasha’s blog over at Maw Books to check out a very worthwhile giveaway, giving away 2 books each to 4 winners in attempt to raise awareness about genocide in Darfur. The giveaway consists of a mini-quiz about the title: Not On Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond by Don Cheadle. Please go check it out!
Well, I’ve managed to read 12 books in July, 1 shy of hitting my goal for the July Book Blowout challenge. I may still read another book, but I think its time to give my eyes a little break. Although, I did make the mistake of stopping by Leigh’s Favorite Books, a used bookstore in Sunnyvale. I spent about an hour and a half in the store walking up and down every aisle, picking up books, putting some back, remembering titles and authors, forgetting certain titles and authors that I always look for. I picked up:
1. Post Office by Charles Bukowski
2. The Most Beautiful Woman in Town and other Stories by Charles Bukowski
3. The Lady in the Tower by Jean Plaidy (I first heard about this author from Devourer of Books, but unfortunately, my library system doesn’t have any of her books!)
4. Swann’s Way by Proust (so that I can try to be an English major again)
5. Ahab’s Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund (I adored Abundance, a novel of Marie Antoinette, and have been wanting to read this title for a long time, but something keeps getting in the way…like due dates from the library)
I also, by the good graces of the selectors for my library system, get to pick and choose from a pile of ARCs that are sent to the library for librarians to read and decide to order or not. From this pile I picked up
1. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
2. Geekspeak, How Life + Math = Happiness by Graham Tattersall
Although, I feel like taking a book-break tonight and watching Rocky II with my mom while finishing up this baby blanket I am knitting for a friend of my sister.