Spread the word
The Book Blogger Appreciate Week was originally started by My Friend Amy as a way to support, encourage and promote the emergence of book blogs.
The 3rd Annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week registration form is now up and running! I haven’t registered yet, but I did scan through the process and it is lengthy! Right off the bat, you are asked to place your blog in a niche, in place of voters placing you in whatever niche they deemed appropriate. You are also asked to give detailed information about various new books for all ages and genres (including ISBNs, author names, titles, etc). Also 5 fives that you want to be considered for the BBAW if you want to be in the running for one of the awards.
The deadline to submit your entries is July 7th, and the actual awards week will be held in September, the 13th to the 17th.
Make sure you check out the official website for more information as well as following BBAW on Twitter for regular update and announcements.
Win a Book Club Girl Hostess Survival Kit!
Do you find it’s your turn to host book club and not only do you not know what to serve but you don’t know what books to offer up for the next month’s selection?! Let Book Club Girl
come to your rescue with the Book Club Girl Hostess Survival Kit.
One lucky winner of the kit will receive:
* A basket of cheese, crackers, cookies and wine for up to 12 people
* 5 great book group books to vote on for your group’s next pick. And Book Club Girl will then donate 12 copies whichever book is chosen for your entire group to read.
* 12 Book Club Girl mousepads to give out as party favors that night
* 12 Book Club Girl bookmarks to mark everyone’s favorite passages
* 12 Book Club Girl coasters to protect your coffee table from all those wine glasses!
TWO SORMAG Goody Bags containing books and more!
A Special Pamper Me Basket from Cafe of Dreams!
From Avon Foot Works
~ Inflatable watermelon shaped foot tub
~ 3.4 FL oz Watermelon Cooling Foot Lotion
~ 3.4 FL oz Watermelon Exfoliating Foot Scrub
~ 12 count Watermelon Effervescent Foot Tablets
~ An ARC of So Long At The Fair by Christina Schwarz
~ A variety of Hot Chocolate and Tea mixes
A pre-made blog template from SNSDesign!
A Subscription to Poetry Magazine from Savvy Verse and Wit!
Many other blogs are giving away books and prizes for BBAW as well! You can see the links to all of these giveaways here.
What a difference 5 days make in the blog world. A handful of giveaways, nominations announced for the Book Blogger Appreciation Week, as well as a number of weekly memes that I missed out on.
In regards to giveaways:
Natasha at Maw Books is staying true to her Most Altruistic nomination with a very charitable and worthy cause: Reading Blogging for Darfur.
Everything that Natasha reads and blogs in September will raise money for the people of Darfur. First, what she’s doing:
- Donating 25 cents for each person who blogs about this awareness and money-raising project
- Donating 25 cents for each person who keeps the above button in their sidebar for all of September
- Donating 10 cents for each comment left on her blog during September
- Donating 50 cents for each movie watched or book read from this page – donating $1 if those books or movies are reviewed on someone’s blog.
Here’s what YOU can do:
- If you have a blog, write about her project and add the button to the sidebar!
- Comment on her blog!
- Read one of the books or watch one of the movies on this page then tell Natasha!
- Commit to donate a penny for every page Natasha reads this month
- Commit to donate 50 cents for every post Natasha writes this month.
- All of the above!
The Literate Housewife is hosting a contest just for readers that Do Not have their own book blog. All you need to do is a 200 word document on “Why I read book blogs.” Send your answer to Jennifer (at) literatehousewife (at) gmail (dot) com by the end of the day Saturday, September 13th. Author Joshua Henkin will choose three winners from the 10 best answers.
- The first place winner will win a paperback copy of Josh’s book Matrimony, as well as a grab bag of 6 books.
- The second and third place winners will receive grab bags of 4 and 3 books, respectively.
Bookroom Reviews is also hosting a contest. The Rules according to Bookroom Reviews:
All you have to do is go and visit some of the book blogs below that are new to you and leave them a comment. I will draw three winners and each winner will get a brand new book! Here are the books you can win.
Visit and comment on FIVE Book Blogs that you have Never Visited Before for ONE Entry
Visit and comment on TEN Book Blogs that you have Never Visited before for TWO Entries
Visit and comment on TWENTY Book Blogs that you have Never Visited before for THREE Entries
After you have done so come back here and leave me a comment to be entered. You can tell me which book you would like to win and I will TRY to match them up. I will give you a week to do so and draw THREE winners on Wednesday September 17. You don’t have to have a blog or be on the list of blogs to join in the fun. If you are not on the list and are a book blogger please let me know and I will add you to the list! Have fun!
*please visit the Bookroom Reviews website for the complete list of blogs (mine own included!)
I’m back and will have a number of reviews posted throughout this week. I just wanted to take a quick time-out and congratulate a few of my favorite blogs for making it onto the Book Blogger Appreciate Week nominations list! Congratulations you guys!!!
Devourer of Books for Best General Blog/ Most Altruistic Blog
The Bluestocking Society for best Literary Fiction Blog
Letters on Pages for best Non-fiction Blog
The Hidden Side of a Leaf for best Community Builder/ Best Challenge Host/ Best Meme/Carnival/Event
Medieval Bookworm for Best History/Historical Fiction Blog
You can see the full list and vote for your favorites here:
Time to dig through your Feeds and Bookmarks and start marking down all your favorite book blogs. Amy, over at My Friend Amy has the categories up for the Book Blogger Appreciation week
Email Amy at BbawawardsATgmailDOTcom with all of your nominations (up to two blogs per category). You don’t need to have a blog in order to vote. Each category will have 5 final nominees. Vote for me if you love my blog! Or vote for another blog that you love and appreciate. All votes count! Think of it as practice run before the big election in November.
Here are the categories:
- Best General Book Blog
- Best Kidlit Blog
- Best Christian/Inspirational Fiction Blog
- Best Literary Fiction Blog
- Best Book Club Blog
- Best Romance Blog
- Best Thrillers/Mystery/Suspense Blog
- Best Non-fiction Blog
- Best Young Adult Lit Blog
- Best Book/Publishing Industry Blog
- Best Challenge Host
- Best Community Builder
- Best Cookbook Blog
- Best History/Historical Fiction Blog
- Best Design
- Most Chatty
- Most Concise
- Most Eclectic Taste
- Best Name for a Blog
- Best Published Author Blog
- Best Book published in 2008
- Best Meme/Carnival/Event
- Most Extravagant Giveaways
- Best Book Community site