A Book Arch – @Apartment Therapy – pretty idea, especially if you can coordinate the spines to create a cool theme or image.
This has been a better week for reading. I finished a book, reviewed another and will have another review in the works for next week. Hopefully I’ll have finished another book over the weekend. I’ve signed up the little bookworm for our library’s Summer Reading Program this year. He may only be 4 months old, but it’s never too early for reading! We read to him every night, 2-3 books. I’m amazed at his attention span every time. He seems to enjoy the longer books, although he prefers the colorful images of the short board books. Mostly he’ll just stare at my husband or I as we read, watching our face and smiling his goofy smile. I also love that he reacts to the different author when I read to him from my books. Steinbeck lulls him to sleep, while Joseph Heller makes him cry. No wonder it’s taking me so long to finish Catch-22.
Books I reviewed:
Books I finished:
- All My Friends by Marie NDiaye
Books I’m currently reading:
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Log on the Sea of Cortez by John Steinbeck
- The Portrait of an Artist as an Old Woman, or The Fountain of St. James Court by Sena Jeter Naslund
The Links! All the wonderfully interesting links found online this week.
- Worldwide National Library Catalogs @OEDB.org – A guide to National Libraries around the world. A great resource for librarians, or anyone with a serious travel bug to visit National Libraries around the world.
- Read-A-Likes for the Magic Tree House Series @Bay Views and More – if I had a dollar for every time I was asked for a book like the Jack & Annie series…I’d be a millionaire.
- Three Places to Search for Free Online Courses @Free Technology for Teachers – Forget Coursera…these three sites have so much to offer!
- The Seattle Public Library Breaks the Record for the World’s Longest Book Domino Chain @Library Journal – The title pretty much says it all, doesn’t it? A very cool video to watch, and a very exciting way to kick off this year’s Summer Reading program!
- 16 Free Live Webinars for Librarians @iLibrarian – Everyone loves free & educational, particularly librarians…
- 5-Year-Old Reads 875 Books in One Year @ Huff Post
- The Best Worst One-Star Reviews of Books @ GalleyCat
- Why “The Death of the Book” Is a Dead Subject @ Huff Post
- ‘French Kiss’ Officially Recognized in France as the Word “Galoche” @ Huff Post
- Was Pablo Neruda Poisoned? @ LA Times
- Major Critic Says We’ve Forgotten How to Read @ The Globe and Mail
- Charming Paintings of Vintage Books @ Flavorwire