Oh so colorful! (Architecture and design bookstore Van Alen in New York)
This week has been an interesting one for me. Either I, or another family member have been sick since Saturday. You’d think I’d have caught up on my reading in that time, but alas, that is not the case. I did manage to finish 1 of the three books that I’ve been reading for the past month, Becoming Americans in Paris. So there will be a review next week, huzzah! I’m also hosting a giveaway for Beth Hoffman’s newest title, Looking For Me. If you haven’t entered the giveaway yet, you have until next Friday to do so! Sign up HERE.
Now without further ado, the weekly round-up of interesting bookish blurbs floating around the Internet.
- The Future of Picture Books: Alive and Well? @NoVALibraryMom Spoiler Alert – Yes Indeed!
- Free Audio Book Time is Almost Here! @TalesofWhimsy
- Teenage Tweetland @ Publishers Weekly
- Atheist Books to Be Placed Next to Bibles in Georgia Parks @ Huff Post
- Stephen King Delays E-book In Favor of Print @ The Telegraph – Good for him!
- Web-Connected Libraries in Africa @ The Guardian
- Tournament of Books 2014 @ New Century Reading
- Barefoot Books Stops Selling to Amazon @ Publishers Weekly
- New Irish stamp features an entire short story @TheJournal
- Report: Kids Tend to Read Digital More Than Print @E-Reader News
- Esquire’s 75 Books Every Man Should Read @ Esquire – A fantastic life for both men and women actually. I want to read nearly all the titles here!
- The Best Books to Give as Graduation Gifts @ Reader’s Digest
- 20 Most Beautiful Libraries on Film & TV @ Flavorwire
- Incredible Reading Rooms Around the World @ Flavorwire
- Read! Build! Play! 2013 Summer Reading List, which features recommended titles that inspire play for children age 5 and under. It is free to download, along with a parent activity guide.
Misc. Book Fun
- Abibliophobia @Gallycat – Its a curse I live with everyday of my life…