I’m always on the lookout for local Bay Are & Eco-Friendly businesses, particularly for kitchen ware. Bay Area & Eco-Friendly, kind of go hand-in-hand, which is why coming across this article about an East Bay Company called CaliBowl was very uplifting. Calibowl is bringing manufacturing jobs back to the US, primarily to the Bay Area. This will be a great boost to the local economy, and as an added perk, the product itself is really spiffy.
I’ve recently ordered the set of bowls pictured above, so they haven’t arrived yet. What makes this bowl unique is that it’s marketed as “non-spill”, meaning there is an inner lip, so that when you scoop some salsa it falls into the spoon, rather than spilling out over the bowl. Granted, a little care and know-how with a couple of tortilla chips could solve the spill-over issue, the bowls are also designed for kids, which I’m guessing will help make mealtimes that much easier and less messy to deal with. I love using bowls as prep stations when I’m cooking and have to chop up various ingredients. Plus, I’ve been wanting to slowly convert all of my kitchen gadgets into green gadgets (both color and eco-friendliness). The cost is also considerably affordable when you look at the features specs:
- Patent pending lip around the top of the bowl is designed at an angle which pushes food onto your utensil avoiding any spillage and overflows.
- Multi-size bowls accommodate a variety of kitchen tasks
- Quantity 1-12oz low profile bowl, 1-28oz low profile bowl, 1-44oz low profile bowl with non slip bases
- Nest neatly inside one another for easy storage
- Made of Polypropylene, a plastic polymer that is exceptionally durable.
- Manufactured using 100% recycled FDA approved materials
- Dishwasher Safe
- BPA Free