- A very thoughtful and insightful blog post by My Friend Amy about Gossip Girl and the portrayal of abusive relationships on teen TVshows. ( a show I have recently stopped watching, for many of the reasons mentioned in the post)
- Better Book Titles…I recently stumbled upon this website and its quickly growing into one of my favorite sites.
- Bay Area folk should bookmark next weekend, May 21st & 22nd for the annual San Mateo Maker Faire. Learn how to make crafts, buy crafts, and have a really good time overall.
- Later this summer, look for a new venture between 3 major publishing companies (Hachette, Penguin, Simon&Schuster) called Bookish.com. According to the NY Times article on the site,
The site intends to provide information for all things literary: suggestions on what books to buy, reviews of books, excerpts from books and news about authors. Visitors will also be able to buy books directly from the site or from other retailers and write recommendations and reviews for other readers.
- And now a random collection of links of pictures/sites that offer something fun and amazing to see: