So, I lied in my 2009 recap post about not joining anymore challenges. I came across the OATES challenge on Trish’s blog, and figured I could at least do this one…it is only 5 books, and goes from January 1st to December 31st.
So, each letter in OATES stands for a literary author’s name, we can pick up to 5 authors.
These are my picks:
O – Flannery O’Conner
A – Jane Austen (Persuasion, the only Austen book I haven’t read)
T – Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina is on my book club list for February)
E – Edith Wharton
S – J.D. Salinger
The official rules
- The challenge goes from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Anyone can participate! You do not need a blog!
- Challenge books can overlap with other challenges.
- You do not need to pick your books in advance.
- You can change levels mid-challenge!
- Instant OATES – 1 book
- Old Fashioned OATES – 2 books
- Rolled OATES – 3 books
- Steel Cut OATES – 4 books
- Whole OATES – 5+ books
Sign up at Trish’s blog: Hey Lady Watcha’ Reading Here