What a difference 5 days make in the blog world. A handful of giveaways, nominations announced for the Book Blogger Appreciation Week, as well as a number of weekly memes that I missed out on.
In regards to giveaways:
Everything that Natasha reads and blogs in September will raise money for the people of Darfur. First, what she’s doing:
- Donating 25 cents for each person who blogs about this awareness and money-raising project
- Donating 25 cents for each person who keeps the above button in their sidebar for all of September
- Donating 10 cents for each comment left on her blog during September
- Donating 50 cents for each movie watched or book read from this page – donating $1 if those books or movies are reviewed on someone’s blog.
Here’s what YOU can do:
- If you have a blog, write about her project and add the button to the sidebar!
- Comment on her blog!
- Read one of the books or watch one of the movies on this page then tell Natasha!
- Commit to donate a penny for every page Natasha reads this month
- Commit to donate 50 cents for every post Natasha writes this month.
- All of the above!
The Literate Housewife is hosting a contest just for readers that Do Not have their own book blog. All you need to do is a 200 word document on “Why I read book blogs.” Send your answer to Jennifer (at) literatehousewife (at) gmail (dot) com by the end of the day Saturday, September 13th. Author Joshua Henkin will choose three winners from the 10 best answers.
- The first place winner will win a paperback copy of Josh’s book Matrimony, as well as a grab bag of 6 books.
- The second and third place winners will receive grab bags of 4 and 3 books, respectively.
Bookroom Reviews is also hosting a contest. The Rules according to Bookroom Reviews:
All you have to do is go and visit some of the book blogs below that are new to you and leave them a comment. I will draw three winners and each winner will get a brand new book! Here are the books you can win.
Visit and comment on FIVE Book Blogs that you have Never Visited Before for ONE Entry
Visit and comment on TEN Book Blogs that you have Never Visited before for TWO Entries
Visit and comment on TWENTY Book Blogs that you have Never Visited before for THREE Entries
After you have done so come back here and leave me a comment to be entered. You can tell me which book you would like to win and I will TRY to match them up. I will give you a week to do so and draw THREE winners on Wednesday September 17. You don’t have to have a blog or be on the list of blogs to join in the fun. If you are not on the list and are a book blogger please let me know and I will add you to the list! Have fun!
*please visit the Bookroom Reviews website for the complete list of blogs (mine own included!)