If you haven’t yet, please check out these awesome blogs for some great giveaways!
And you should also stop by Natasha’s blog over at Maw Books to check out a very worthwhile giveaway, giving away 2 books each to 4 winners in attempt to raise awareness about genocide in Darfur. The giveaway consists of a mini-quiz about the title: Not On Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond by Don Cheadle. Please go check it out!
Well, I’ve managed to read 12 books in July, 1 shy of hitting my goal for the July Book Blowout challenge. I may still read another book, but I think its time to give my eyes a little break. Although, I did make the mistake of stopping by Leigh’s Favorite Books, a used bookstore in Sunnyvale. I spent about an hour and a half in the store walking up and down every aisle, picking up books, putting some back, remembering titles and authors, forgetting certain titles and authors that I always look for. I picked up:
1. Post Office by Charles Bukowski
2. The Most Beautiful Woman in Town and other Stories by Charles Bukowski
4. Swann’s Way by Proust (so that I can try to be an English major again)
5. Ahab’s Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund (I adored Abundance, a novel of Marie Antoinette, and have been wanting to read this title for a long time, but something keeps getting in the way…like due dates from the library)
I also, by the good graces of the selectors for my library system, get to pick and choose from a pile of ARCs that are sent to the library for librarians to read and decide to order or not. From this pile I picked up
1. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
2. Geekspeak, How Life + Math = Happiness by Graham Tattersall
Although, I feel like taking a book-break tonight and watching Rocky II with my mom while finishing up this baby blanket I am knitting for a friend of my sister.