I was nominated for two awards, one by the wonderful Adam over at Letters on Pages, and the other by Jen over at Devourer of Books. What a great ego boost to be nominated for an award! I feel so giddy with glee! Thank you Adam, and Jen and thank you to everyone else who takes the time to read my posts! I really appreciate your interest and comments!
In turn, my nominees for the Brillante Weblog are:
1. Hidden Side of a Leaf for her fantastic contests, giveaways and book reviews
2. Jessica over at The Bluestocking Society for her great reviews, author interviews and Blue Leaf notes.
Nominees for the E for Excellent Award go to:
1. Adam over at Letters on Pages for his fantastic non-fiction book reviews.
2. Wendy over at Lists-Books for the Obsessive Reader for her interesting book picks and comprehensive lists of books for virtually every reader!
1. Put the award logo on the post (see above)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (see blogroll)
3. Nominate other blogs (see below)
4. Add links to your nominees (see blogroll)
5. Leave a message on their blogs (see their blogs)
Today, I’m going to be doing an audition for this volunteer storytime group I found through my local library. I had to prepare a mini storytime presentation complete with a book, a couple of little songs, an a flannel board story. The group gave me all the materials, I just have to present it. I’m not sure how large the group of kids will be today, but it should still be fun. For the audition today, I am reading The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins and doing a flannel board story of the 5 Little Ghosts. I currently do weekly storytimes Friday mornings with another librarian where I work, so I have a feel for the pacing and enthusiasm. I’ve also been practicing in front of my pets. Its cute when they just sit and stare and me as I ramble on and on.